MONIQUE SOURINHO - food photographer, stylist, recipe developer, and professional taste tester. Nothing fills my cup more than connecting with visionaries (especially over a great meal). To learn more click here.
This recipe for Curried Cauliflower & Butternut Squash Soup was made in collaboration with Laird Superfood to promote their latest Oatmac creamers. This soup features their latest creamer that consists of turmeric, aquamin, macadamia nuts, oats, coconut sugar and avocado oil!
It is rich and nutty thanks to the macadamia nuts, which makes the blend perfectly flavorful. The avocado oil gives a smooth and creamy finish and there is absolutely no coconut flavor!
That said, when the creamer dissolves into the flavorful, garam masala and curry seasoned soup it transforms into a creamy, gently sweet delight! Though I can rave about it all day long, you’ll have to try this recipe for yourself!
On that note, to taste what I mean, scroll down for the recipe!
Curried Cauliflower & Butternut Squash Soup ft. Laird Superfood
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30-40 MINUTES
- 2 large butternut squashes, chopped into small, even chunks
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Tbs avocado oil
- 1 large sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3-4 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 6+ cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Aloha Oatmac Creamer
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and cut squashes in half, lengthwise, and remove the seeds, then dice. (You can reserve the seeds, clean and toast later for a scrap-saving snack!)
- Next, transfer the squash, cauliflower, onion and celery to a baking tray. Afterwards, add the garlic cloves and ginger, then season with sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle the garam masala and curry powder then toss to evenly coat, and transfer the tray into the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fork tender, then remove from the oven. Use a high speed blender or immersion blender to add the baked veggies, creamer and vegetable stock. Work in batches, or as needed, to process and purée the ingredients until silky smooth.
- When ready, taste test and season to preference. Finally, divide the soup into bowls or containers. (Optional) garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and micro greens, then enjoy!
Ceramics from Material Kitchen.