MONIQUE SOURINHO - food photographer, stylist, recipe developer, and professional taste tester. Nothing fills my cup more than connecting with visionaries (especially over a great meal). To learn more click here.
Every now and then when I pass the deli section at Whole Foods I cave in to their Marinated Bean Salad. One day, when I looked at the ingredients I felt inspired to create my own spin using the dry norther beans I had in my pantry. And let me tell you, I was super glad I did because now I feel this formula can apply to most, if not all cooked beans! Especially Lima beans! That said, I hope you give these marinated beans a try! Scroll below for the recipe!
Marinated Bean Salad
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
FRIDGE TIME: 3+ HOURS
Marinated Bean Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups great northern beans (or equivalent)
- 4 oz sliced sweet pimentos (in water)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup extra olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Allow the beans to marinate for a few hours or overnight to harmonize the flavors.
- When ready, give another stir, season to taste if necessary and enjoy as is or scoop over lettuce blend of choice. Enjoy!
For more delicious recipes to create or pair alongside, visit the Kitchen Journal.