MONIQUE SOURINHO - food photographer, stylist, recipe developer, and professional taste tester. Nothing fills my cup more than connecting with visionaries (especially over a great meal). To learn more click here.
This Garlic, Lemongrass, and Ginger Seafood Bake is a family recipe adapted from my Mother’s spoken directions. It is the only recipe my Mom inherited from my Father’s Father. In a way, it’s almost like a game of telephone since it was never written down – until now. That said, to try this family recipe, please scroll onwards!
(FYI I did tweak it by adding garlic, lemongrass, and chilis.)
Garlic, Lemongrass, and Ginger Seafood Bake
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
BAKE TIME: 15 MIN
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb. Cod loin, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 lb, shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 3” piece of lemongrass
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1+ cup butter cracker crumbs (or gluten free alternative)
- Scallions or chives, to garnish
- Dill, optional to garnish
- Chili peppers, optional for heat
Directions for Garlic, Lemongrass, and Ginger Seafood Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Use a mortar and pestle or food processor to make a paste of the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and fish sauce. Stir the mixture into melted butter.
- Pat the seafood dry then add to a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter mixture, toss to combine, then transfer to ramekins placed on a baking sheet (to catch any potential overflow).
- Layer the cracker crumbs on top of the seafood, then transfer to the oven to bake for 12-18 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. When ready, garnish with fresh herbs and chili peppers (optional). Share, and enjoy!
For more delicious recipes to create or pair alongside, visit the Kitchen Journal.